Veggie Thepla Rolls is a very simple and instant recipe that can be very easily prepared even by youngsters and bachelors. This Veggie Thepla Rolls is prepared with very commonly available vegetables. Veggie Thepla Rolls is very healthy for the children as it is packed with nutritious vegetables and calcium rich cheese. So this Rolls are very good for growing children.
Try this tasty and mouth watering healthy snack or dinner recipe at your homes. Share your feed back in the comments section. Please share this delicious Veggie Thepla Rolls with your friends if you like this recipe.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Total time – 25 minutes
Makes – 4 to 5 rolls
- 1 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp green chilly paste
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 75 to 100 gms paneer grated
- 50 gms homemade hung curds
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder ( yellow Colour )
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp red chilly sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp red chilly powder (opt )
- 1/4 cup carrot
- 1/4 cup cabbage
- 1/4 cup cucumber
- 1/4 cup tomato
- 2 tsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp magi masala –a- magic powder
4 tsp cheese grated for rolls
Red chilly sauce for rolls
Oil for roasting rolls
1 cup thick curds for hung curds
Put in 1 cup of thick curds on a small strainer and place on a bowl so that all the water gets collected in that bowl.
Place this bowl with strainer in the refrigerator for twelve hours.
After twelve hours take out the hung curds from the strainer and use to make the spread.
Wash all the vegetables in the water nicely and cut into thin long pieces and keep aside.
Mix wheat flour , salt , oil, turmeric powder and green chilly paste nicely in a wide vessel.
Then add in milk gradually and mix the dough nicely, then add in water if necessary and prepared the dough like roti or chapathi.
Knead the dough nicely and rest the dough for 30 minutes placing the dough in a air tight box.
After 30 minutes knead the dough once and divide the dough into 4 to 5 equal portions.
Then knead each ball once again separately and give the round shape.
Then roll each round into roti and roast on the hot tawa slightly or till small bubbles appear on the roti.
Roast the roti on high flame slightly with out oil , then store it in box.
Crush all the ingredients mentioned above necessary to prepare the spread.
Crush the ingredients nicely to fine paste to prepare the spread.
Mix in all vegetables nicely adding lemon juice and maggi masala –a – magic powder nicely to prepare the salad.
Then place the thepla prepared on the plate and apply the spread nicely on the entire roti nicely.
Place 2 to 3 tbsp salad on one corner of the roti and sprinkle cheese grated and red chilly sauce on the salad.
Then roll the roti tightly and raost on hot tawa drizzling oil on the roti till crispy.
Serve the hot and moth watering Veggie Thepla Rolls with ketchup and mayonnaise.
- You may use left over theplas for this rolls.
- Mix the vegetables and prepare the salad whileusing it, otherwise salad leaves water and rolls become soggy.
- You can use red chilly powder to increase the spice in the spread.
- You may store the spread in the fridge for two to three days.
- You may use this spread in the burger also.
- You may store home made hung curds in the fridge foe two to three days.
- You may replace readily available cream cheese instead of hung curds.
- You may use capsicum in the salad.
- Use deseeded tomato only.