Sweet Daliya is very simple low cal healthy and unique sweet dish or quick dessert recipe packed with nutrients. It can also be considered as low cal recipe as it is a sweet dish with out cream , condensed milk and refined sugar .
This sweet Daliya is even suitable to offer to the god as naivedyam during festivals. It is very nutritious as it is filled with protein rich daliya and fiber rich red pumpkin . Red Pumpkin is excellent source of Vitamin A ,C and K. Pumpkin reduces risk of diabetes and prevents heart disease.
Do try this simple and easy , tasty Sweet Daliya at your homes and share your feed back. Do check the tips section for alternative ingredients.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Total time – 20 minutes
Makes – 4 to 5 servings
- 1/4 cup daliya ( broken wheat-small )
- 1 cup red pumpkin grated
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 tbsp fresh grated coconut
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup jaggery powder
- 1 tbsp almond flakes
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 ripen banana finely chopped
Heat the ghee in a non stick pan and sauté the grated pumpkin for 1 to 2 minutes until you get nice aroma.
Then add 100 ml milk and roast the grated pumpkin till soft, now add in soaked daliya with out water and give a nice mix once.
Then put the left over milk after heating the milk on daliya and transfer to the cooker.
Cook the daliya along with pumpkin till two to three whistles and allow the cooker to cool down.
Soak the almond flakes in warm water for 30 minutes and keep aside.
Then add the jaggery powder to cooked daliya and heat once again until jaggery melts nicely.
Then put in cardamom powder and soaked almond flakes and give a nice mix and switch off the stove.
At this stage if you feel the sweet is very thick ,you may add little hot milk and stir in nicely.
Lastly add chopped banana and honey and give a nice mix.
Serve this Sweet Daliya immediately or chilled as a dessert garnished with almond flakes.
- You may replace orange rock sugar instead of jaggery.
- Dry roast the daliya till hot on low flame and then use it.
- You may replace the pumpkin with carrot.
- Soak the daliya at least for one hour
- If you use broken wheat of bigger side , then grind the wheat in mixer like chiroti rawa and then use it.
- Melt the jaggery in little water and then add to the sweet daliya if I jaggery is not powdered.
- Strain the jaggery syrup through strainer and then add to sweet daliya.
- You may add even fine chopped apple to this daliya along with banana.
- 1 cup equals 200 ml.
Another recipe of a sweet suitable to offer to the god as naivedyam during festivals – Millets Jaggery Halwa.