Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup is one of the most popular soups prepared using an incredible variety of maize that has a delicious taste and savored by one and all. This Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup is very simple and easy to prepare with very easily available ingredients. Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup recipe that I have showed today is a healthier version of the Soup which are generally served in hotels , filled with canned sweet corn and cream.
This Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup is very healthy as it is filled with fresh sweet corn , packed with nutritious vegetables and it is prepared with out using any butter or cream. Sweet Corn is rich in folate ,a kind of Vitamin B helps in keeping your heart healthy. Since Sweet Corn has a huge amount of Vitamin C and rich in fiber , so very good for growing children.
Try this healthy Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup at your homes and stay fit. Please check my tips section with out fail as I have shared some additional information about Sweet Corn silk which is very healthy for our body.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Total time – 20 minutes
Makes – 3 to 4 servings
- 1 cup sweet Corn kernels ( one sweet corn cob )
- 1 small green chilly finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic coarsely mashed
- 1 medium carrot finely chopped
- 2 tsp capsicum finely chopped
- 8 granules citric acid
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp corn flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp coriander leaves finely chopped
Put in corn kernels and green chilly in a mixer jar and grind to coarse paste with out any water.
Heat the half tbsp of oil in a non stick pan and add in mashed garlic and stir in quickly for 30 seconds.
Add the sweet corn paste to hot oil and roast the paste by constantly mixing till raw smell disappears, for a minute or so.
Immediately add in one cup of water and mix nicely and allow the soup to cook nicely for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame closing the lid.
In the mean time heat the left over oil in a wok and stir fry the carrot , capsicum and corn ( 1 tsp that is taken before crushing ) on high flame and keep aside.
At this stage, add the citric acid and two cups of hot water and adjust the consistency of the soup .
Combine the corn flour and quarter cup of water nicely and put in the boiling soup and heat till one boil.
Add in citric acid , salt and citric acid in the boiling soup and give a nice mix .
Lastly add the stir fried vegetables to the boiling soup and also half cup of hot milk and give a nice mix .
Boil the soup once again , now the tasty and mouth watering Sweet Corn vegetable Soup is ready to serve.
Garnish the healthy Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup with finely chopped coriander leaves , topped with a dash of fresh cream and pepper powder.
- Use fresh and raw sweet corn to prepare the soup.
- Do not use boiled sweet corn.
- You may add more quantity of milk instead of water in the soup.
- Use medium tender sweet corn for the tasty soup.
- Avoid using canned sweet corn in the soup for healthier version.
- Do not throw the corn silk removed from the sweet corn cob as this corn silk is rich in anti oxidants and helps to dissolve or remove the stones from the kidney. You should prepare the kadha from the corn silk combining with water.
- Heat one litre of water and corn silk of one corn cob and boil nicely till the kadha reduces to half the quantity.
- Then filter the kadha and you can consume this kadha like normal water.
- You can consume this kadha once in a month for one to two days and reap the health benefits.
- Pregnant ladies and breast feeding mothers should not consume this kadha
- People who are allergic to corn should not drink this kadha.