South Indian Style Aloo Palak Sabzi is a very simple and easy recipe with a combination of cubed potatoes and chopped spinach cooked with masalas and popular South Indian fried gram gun powder. This South Indian Aloo Palak Sabzi tastes very super and can be prepared instantly. This sabzi tastes very different due to the flavorful fried gram gun powder with tangy and spicy taste.
This South Indian Style Aloo Palak Sabzi is very healthy as it filled with vitamin C and loaded with full of vitamins , minerals , proteins and dietary fiber. Even the bachelors can prepare this healthy sabzi instantly as it is prepared with easily available ingredients.
Try this tasty and yummy South Indian Style Aloo Palak Sabzi at your home. Hope you all enjoy the taste of fried gram powder in this sabzi. Share this recipe with you friends and relatives if you like this South Indian Style Aloo Palak sabzi , serve thi s Healthy Sabzi with roti or chapathi.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Total time – 15 minutes
Makes – 1 serving
- 1 ¼ to 1 ½ cup chopped spinach or palak leaves
- 1 cup potato peel and cut like fries and parboiled
- 4 garlic cloves fine chopped
- 2 green chilly fine chopped
- 1 medium onion fine chopped
- 1/2 tomato fine chopped
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 pinch hing
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Fried gram gun powder
- 1 cup fried gram
- 2 tbsp dry copra
- 15 to 20 roasted byadagi red chilly
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp dry tamarind
- 1tbsp jaggery
Crush fried gram and rock salt to fine powder in mixer , then sieve it through siever and keep aside.
Then crush the red chilly roasted , jaggery , tamrind and copra to coarse powder , then add the fried gram powder to the mixer and crush all ingredients together to fine powder. Now the fried gram gun powder is ready to consume.
Wash the potato and spinach leaves nicely in the water, then take out the peel of the potato and cut to long pieces like French fries.
Then cook the potato pieces in the water till it becomes soft.
Heat the oil in a nonstick pan , add the cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
Add the curry leaves and hing and roast till curry leaves are roasted.
Put in finely chopped green chilly , garlic , onion and roast for one to two minutes till light brown.
Add in chopped tomato and roast till tomato turns soft.
At this stage add the potato pieces and give a nice mix.
Put in all dry masala powders and salt and give a nice stir and cook for a minute.
Add finely chopped spinach leaves and stir in till spinach becomes soft and see that spinach gets nicely binded with sabzi.
Then add 2 to 3 tbsp water if necessary and add fried gram powder and stir in quickly for a minute and switch off the stove .
Serve hot ant tasty South Indian style Aloo Palak Sabzi with roti or chapathi garnished with tomato slice.
- Spinach will naturally have salt , so always add lesser salt while using spinach in any dish.
- You may serve fried gram gun powder with idli , dosa and hot steam rice.
- You may store fried gram gun powder for one to two months.
- Avoid using spinach paste in this sabzi
- Use dry tamrind as it is in the powder after removing the seed.
- Roast the red chilly in oil till it becomes slightly crisp and allow to cool down and then use in preparing gun powder.
- High in vitamins , minerals and phyto nutrients.
- Good source of vitamin A , B2 , C , E , K , iron , calcium , magnesium , manganese , zinc , phosphorous , protein and dietary fiber.
- Loaded with flavoroids and caroteroids .
- Promotes healthy skin.
- Improves immune system as it is a good source of vitamin C.
- Encourages blood clotting.
- Essential for pregnant women as it is best source of folate.
- Keeps body oxygenated.
- Boosts heart health.