Pumpkin masala Poori is a very tasty breakfast and tiffin recipe using pumpkin as a main ingredient. Pumpkin masala poori is very quick , easy , healthy and tasty poori .Pumpkin is the store house of minerals , vitamins and nutrients. Pumpkin is very helpful in weight loss as it is low in calories with vital ingredients.
Pumpkin masala Poori is also a fiber rich recipe and can be served with any kind of sabzi or pickle or chutney or curds. Try this delicious and healthy pumpkin masala Poori at your home and share your feedback in the comment section. Check my food blog on every Saturdays for the new recipes.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Mixing time – 5 minutes
Total time – 15 minutes
Serves – 3 to 4 people
- 250 gms pumpkin
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups of wheat flour
- 1/2 cup besan or chick peas flour
- 1/2 tbsp kasoori methi
- 1 /2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp ginger green chilly paste
- 1 /2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 /2 tsp ajwain seeds
- Salt to taste
- 250 ml to 300ml oil for frying the poori
Remove the peel of the pumpkin and cut them in thin slices.
Steam this pumpkin pieces in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes till it becomes soft.
Allow to cool down and mash with a masher nicely.
Put this mashed pumpkin in a wide bowl and add all the dry masalas, salt and slightly crushed ajwain on the pumpkin.
Mix besan and wheat flour in a plate and put on the mashed pumpkin gradually mixing simultaneously
Add only as much flour required for preparing semi hard dough.
Do not add water for preparing the dough as far as possible.
Pour little oil on the dough properly , cover it and rest the dough for 1 hour.
Make small lemon size balls from the dough and grease the each ball with oil before rolling it.
Roll the balls into semi thick poori using the rolling pin.
Fry the poori in hot oil till the poori raises and turns light golden brown.
Serve the piping hot nutritious Pumpkin masala Poori with channa masala or with curds and pickle.
- You may use semolina by replacing besan to prepare more crispy poori.
- You may prepare Pumpkin masala paratha by using the same dough.
- You may store the dough for two to three days in the fridge.
- Do not roll the poori very thin, it should be semi thick to raise nicely.
- Always fry the poori in hot oil so that poori raises nicely while frying.
- Good source of vitamin A , C ,E ,K and B6 , potassium , magnesium , iron and fiber.
- Helps in weight loss as it is low in calories.
- Good for heart.
- Improves eye health.
- Maintains blood pressure at normal levels in the body.
- Strengthens bones.
- Treats inflammation.
- Supports the quality sleep.
- Helps in digestion as it is rich in fiber.
- Reduces the risk of cancer.
- Even the pumpkin seeds are loaded with healthy fats , proteins , fiber , potassium , magnesium , iron , calcium , antioxidants.