Nutritious Beaten Rice Salad is called as Gopal kala in Marathi language which is very commonly prepared on the occasion of sri Krishna Janmashtami and served as Prasadam in Maharashtra. This nutritious Beaten Salad is packed with nutrients and can be consumed as salad and it very ideal even for the people on diet also.
The salad is very simple and easy to prepare and can be prepared instantly with out much work. This Nutritious Beaten Rice Salad is prepared from beaten rice or poha or avalakki , puffed rice , curds and colourful fruits along with dates spiced with mango pickle
So friends try this delicious , healthy and yummy nutritious Beaten Rice salad recipe at your home and boost your energy. Visit my blog on every Saturdays for unique and different recipes.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Mixing time – 3 minutes
Total time – 18 minutes
Serves – 2 to 3 people
- 1 cup beaten rice ( poha , avalakki )
- 1 cup puffed rice ( murmura , bengaluru puri )
- 1/4 cup fine chopped dates
- 2 tbsp cucumber finely chopped
- 2 tbsp apple finely chopped
- 2 tbsp guava or pear finely chopped
- 2 tbsp boiled corn
- 2 tbsp pomegranate
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilly
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soaked gram dal
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp jaggery powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tsp mango pickle
- 2 to 3 tbsp thick curds or yoghurt
- 1 tsp ghee for tempering
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds for tempering
- Fresh grated coconut for garnish
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- One date for garnish
Wash the beaten rice nicely in water for two to three times and soak poha in half cup of water .
After 30 minutes combine beaten rice , cleaned puffed rice once lightly using spatuala.
Mix the tamarind paste and jaggery powder nicely once and rest it for 5 minutes.
Combine the beaten rice , puffed rice, cucumber, pomegranate , guava, apple , dates, ginger , coconut, gram dal soaked, boiled corn , roasted peanuts , mango pickle , green chilly , coriander leaves and lemon juice, tamarind paste and jaggery powder and mix nicely once .
Add in sufficient curds just to coat to salad nicely and give a nice mix.
Rest the nutritious beaten rice salad for 5 minutes.
Then prepare the tempering from ghee and cumin seeds and pour on the salad and mix once.
Serve the authentic maharastrian recipe known as Gopal kala to Sri Krishna topped with coconut , coriander leaves and a date.
Enjoy this mouth watering Nutritious Beaten Rice Salad as a prasadam and reap the healthy benefits fully.
- You may use lemon pickle instead of lemon juice.
- You may include jowar puffed rice in this recipe if it is available.
- You may increase the quantity of mango pickle in the recipe as per your wish.
- Use only thick poha in the recipe for the best results.
- You may add green chilly after roasting if you like very less spicyness in the salad.