Instant Oats Yellow gram Idli is a best and healthy breakfast recipe that is very appetizing and easy to make with few ingredients. Instant Oats Yellow gram Idli is a oil free breakfast recipe which is very useful for the people on weight loss plan. This Instant oats yellow gram Idli is rich in fiber and very low in calories and very good for the Digestive system.
Instant Oats Yellow gram idli is mainly packed with fiber rich old fashioned Oats and protein rich and low carbs yellow gram which are very healthy for the body. Instant Oats Yellow gram idli is one of the best vegetarian super food which is very light and easy to digest.
Make this Instant Oats yellow gram Idli breakfast today and enjoy. Please comment how you feel about this recipe.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 12 minutes
Total time – 22 minutes
Makes – 21 to 22 idlis
- 2 cups Oats
- 1 cup Semolina ( small )
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup yellow gram
- 2 to 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups semi thick buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp eno fruit salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- Little water
- Coconut chutney for serving
Soak the Yellow gram in water for 1/2 hour after washing nicely.
Dry roast Oats in a pan lightly and allow to cool down.
Then crush the oats to fine powder and keep aside.
Mix oats powder semolina nicely in a wide container.
Add two cups of butter milk to the oats mix and mix nicely.
Rest this batter for 10 to 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes add green chillies, ginger, salt, corianderleaves, yellow gram soaked and baking powder to it and give a nice stir.
Then add the remaining butter milk to it by checking the consistency of the batter .
Put the sufficient water in the steamer and allow the steamer to heat properly.
Grease the idli plates with minimum oil nicely.
In the end add eno fruit salt on the batter and drizzle 1 tbsp of water on it and give a stir lightly till fluffy.
Por the idli batter on the greased plates using a scoop.
Place the plates in the steamer and steam it for 12 minutes on medium flame.
After 12 minutes allow the idli to cool down for 2 t0 3 minutes and the unmould the idli on the serving plate.
Serve the tasty and healthy hot idlis along with coconut chutney.
- Do not use roasted semolina in this recipe.
- Use regular oats or old fashioned oats.
- Use chiroti rava in this preparation.
- You may use any vegetables in this idli as per your wish instead of yellow gram.
- Oats are healthiest nutritious grains and plant source of Omega 3 fatty acids.
- It is gluten free.
- It can lower the cholesterol levels in the body.
- It lowers the blood sugar levels in the body.
- Very helpful in weight loss.
- Helps in skin care.
- Helps to relive in constipation.
- Heart healthy food.
- It contains proteins, magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium and thiamine.
- It is rich in fiber and low in calories.
- Helps to control blood sugar levels in the body due to low glycemic index.
- Supports healthy weight loss.
- It prevents gas and bloating unlike other beans.
- It is easy to digest.
- Prevents anemia.
- Keep your skin moist so no more dry skin.
- Improves heart health.