Healthy Green Palya is a very healthy vegetarian option Palya or Sabzi for a full meal or as a side dish serving with roti. Healthy Green Sabzi is Beans with Peas, Capsicum and Spinach Palya and most simple Sabzi to be made This Healthy Green Palya is very famous in South India. Healthy Green Sabzi is very simple and easy to prepare with easily available ingredients.
Healthy Green Palya is very nutritious packed with fiber rich beans and peas along with iron filled Capsicum and calcium rich Spinach. Healthy Green Palya can be very quickly prepared , so it suitable for working ladies. Try this delicious and unique Healthy Green Palya at your home and share this easy and healthy recipe if you like this recipe.
Please check my food blog on every Saturdays for new recipes.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Total time – 20 minutes
Serves – 3 to 4 persons
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds ( 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp )
- 2 to 3 green chilly
- 2 to 3 garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh coconut
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp coriander and cumin powder.
- 2 tbsp roasted peanut coarse powder.
- 2 tbsp palak paste
- 1 cup finely chopped beans boiled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1/2 cup blanched peas
- Salt to taste
Crush fresh coconut, green chilly, ginger, ½ tsp cumin seeds and garlic to coarse paste without adding water.
Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and put in cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
Add capsicum and curry leaves and sauté slightly till crunchy.
Then put in blanched peas and boiled beans , grinded paste and spinach paste and mix nicely.
Add salt and peanut powder and give a nice stir.
Lastly put in lemon juice and mix nicely.
Serve hot and Healthy Green Palya with piping hot steamed rice along with ghee.
- You may prepare this Sabzi using only beans and methi muthiya with North Indian touch.
- For the same Sabzi you may add little coconut milk and prepare like semi liquid Sabzi.
- Boil the beans always directly in hot water adding little sugar to retain the green colour in the beans.
- You may omit garlic in this recipe.
- Boosts immune system.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Regulates digestive system as beans has very high content of fiber.
- Reduces the risk of birth defects for pregnant women.
- Prevents colon cancer.
- Filled with variety of vitamins A , K , C and B6.
- Low in calories.
- Contains low amount of sodium , cholesterol and saturated fats.
- Maintains sugar levels and blood pressure levels in the body.
- Prevents bone deterioration and osteoporosis.
- Rich in potassium which helps to balance the fluid in the body.
- Enhance the muscle strength.
- Eliminate the toxins.
- Keeps your heart healthy.
- Reduces unwanted fats in the body.
- Boosts immune system.
- Provides healthy eye sight.
- Get healthy hairs.
- Helps in iron deficiency.
- Acts as anticancer agent.
- Lot of proteins.
- Anti ageing.
- Prevents wrinkles.
- Has anti inflammatory properties.
- Prevents heart diseases.
- Prevents constipation.
- High in fiber content.
- Rich in vitamin K.
- Reduces bad cholesterol.