Green Papaya Soup is a healthy and Unique soup packed with full of essential nutrients and enzymes to promote digestive health. Many people do not realize that green papaya contains more live enzymes when compare to the ripen papaya. Generally enzyme levels decline as the fruit ripens. Green papaya can be used in preparing Soup , sabzi , juice and chutney. Green papaya are extremely potent and can help to clear your body of acidity and cure a great range of health problems.
Green Papaya Soup is prepared quickly using very simple ingredients that is easily available in every house. Raw Papaya is picked to prepare Green Papaya soup to retain all of its natural enzymatic qualities when it is still green .
I request all the viewers to try this healthy and nutritious Green Papaya Soup at your home with out fail. Please check my tips section for more details about coconut milk that is used in the soup. Visit my food blog on every Saturdays for the new recipes
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Total time – 20 minutes
Makes – 4 to 5 servings
- 1 medium size papaya ( 3 cups of raw papaya finely chopped )
- 1 cup fresh coconut milk
- 3 to 4 cups water
- 1 green chilly slit
- ½ tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder (opt )
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
Take out the peel of the raw papaya after you wash the papaya nicely.
Then cut the papaya to small pieces and cook it adding 2 cups of water along with ginger and green chilly in cooker till 3 whistles or till the papaya becomes soft.
Allow the cooker to cool down and blend to fine paste and strain through strainer .
Heat the strained paste again adding one cup coconut milk and sufficient water till two to three boils.
Then add salt and pepper powder and give a nice mix and pour in the serving bowls.
Drizzle lemon juice on the top and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve the tasty and healthy Green Papaya Soup immediately.
- You may steam the papaya instead of boiling the papaya.
- You may use the readymade coconut milk .
- You may prepare homemade coconut milk by blending 1/2 cup fresh coconut with one cup of water two to three times . Then strain through strainer and use this in soup.
- You may store homemade coconut milk in the fridge for two to three days.
- I have used 200ml cup for measuring in this recipe.
Health Meter :-
- Rich in vitamin A and C , proteins , minerals and fiber.
- Good for weight loss.
- Helps in removing toxins.
- Good for digestion.
- Prevents urine infection.
- Treats skin disorders.
- Reduces lungs inflammation.
- Regulates menstrual flow.
- Increases the breast milk.
- Contains copper, magnesium and potassium.
- Protect the colon from cancer.