Banana Bites are very are amazing snack recipe which can be instantly prepared with very easily available ingredients in the house. This Banana Bites are very healthy and nutritious as it packed with fiber and iron. This Snack is traditional prepared in rural areas of Kerala.
The main taste of this bites are enhanced by bananas, that are rich in potassium , iron and fiber which are beneficial for our body in many ways. Bananas are low in calories and cholesterol free. Peanuts present in this dish is very good for improving metabolism and contains antioxidants in high concentration. Poha included in this dish is rich in fiber and iron . Since this snack is fully packed with nutrients, very good for growing children.
Do try out this awesome healthy snack recipe and reap the benefits and build you immunity.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Frying time – 10 minutes
Total time – 20 minutes
Makes – 28 to 30 bites
- 3 large size ripen banana
- 1/2 cup peanuts coarsely crushed
- 3/4 cup thin flattened rice (poha )
- 1/2 cup maida
- 1/4 cup jaggery powder (opt )
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Pinch of cooking soda
- Oil for frying
- Coconut chutney for serving
Wash the banana nicely in water and cut to two portions and keep.
Heat the steamer with sufficient water , place the banana pieces on the plate and keep in the steamer.
Steam the banana for 3 to 4 minutes on medium flame.
Allow to cool down the banana completely.
Mash the banana using a spoon in a wide vessel , add in peanuts powder , salt cardamom powder and flattened rice and give a nice mix once.
At this stage add the jaggery powder and mix nicely by mashing so that jaggery powder nicely gets mixed .
Now add maida gradually and go on mixing so that we get nice thick paste , if necessary add little maida again to get right consistency.
Lastly add in soda and give a nice mix.
Heat the oil in a flat pan, in the mean time prepare rough balls from the paste .
Then give proper shape and put in hot oil and fry on low to medium flame.
When the bites appear golden brown ,take out and put on a strainer .
Then serve the tasty and yummy Banana Bites with spicy Coconut Chutney.
- Avoid over ripen banana as it will be very sweet , which may raise the sweetness in the bites.
- Can add fine chopped green chilly to the bites.
- You may replace wheat flour with maida.
- Use roasted peanuts.
- This bites will be soft from inside and slightly crispy from out side so serve this snack as soon as you fry.
- Can avoid jaggery in this recipe.
- Can increase or decrease the amount of jaggery as per your taste.