Hello friends, this Dry Samosa Chaat is one of the unique and special tasty Chaat recipe which is not available anywhere. This Dry Samosa Chaat is very different and very yummy Chaat prepared with very easily available cheap ingredients, without much effort. The liquid or gravy that we pour on samosa is very delicious and aromatic .
Dry Samosa Chaat is a hot and spicy Chaat which will be liked by every one.This is very simple and easy chaat that can be served as a snack in the evening or night. Children just love this special chaat recipe. So do try this different and fantastic Chaat recipe without fail in your homes. Share this Chaat recipe with your friends and relatives and share your feed back with me.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Total time – 25 minutes
Makes – 4 to 5 servings
- 12 to 14 mini dry samosa
- 3/4 cup gram flour
- 6 to 7 cups water
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp amchur or dry mango powder
- 3 cloves
- 1 tsp green chilly powder
- 1 tsp maggi masala magic powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander cumin powder
- 1/4 cup fresh green peas blanched
- 1 large potato cooked and mashed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil ( 1 1/2 + 1/2 )
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- Green chutney
- Sweet tamarind chutney
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot grated
Crush pepper , cloves , turmeric powder , salt , amchur and dry green chilly powder to fine powder in mixer and now aromatic masala powder is ready .
Blanch the green peas and keep aside.
Boil the potatoes and mash and keep aside.
Mix gram flour, masala powder and one cup of water nicely with out lumps using a whisker nicely.
Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a big vessel , then put in cumin seeds and allow to splutter .
Immediately add in gram flour paste and give a nice mix once.
Then add in extra water gradually by mixing simultaneously and cook nicely for 10 to 12 minutes on low flame.
This gravy should be in poring consistency so add the water carefully by checking as much necessary only.
The taste of the gravy gets spoiled if add too much water .
When gravy nicely gets cooked, switch of the stove. Lastly put in coriander leaves and give a nice mix once.
Heat half tsp oil in a non stick pan , add in quarter tea spoon green chilly finely chopped and sauté for 30 seconds.
Then put potato mashed and green peas blanched and give a nice mix once.
Then mash slightly with the masher to get nice lumpy consistency.
Then add in all dry spices and salt , give a nice stir and put in fresh coriander leaves ,
Mix the potato topping nicely and keep aside.
Break the mini samosa into half and arrange in cups or plates.
Pour the hot gram flour gravy on samosa so that samosa is nicely soaked in gravy.
Put the potato topping , the finely chopped onion, grated carrot and coriander leaves.
Drizzle green chutney and sweet chutney nicely on the chaat as per your taste.
Lastly top the yummy and tasty Dry Samosa Chaat with sev and coriander leaves.
Serve the mouth watering Hot and Spicy Dry Samosa Chaat.
- 1 cup equals 200 ml
- Can replace dry green chilly powder with fresh green chilly .
- You may decrease the spices if dislike spiciness in the chaat.
- Can store this gravy in the fridge for 5 to 6 days if nicely boiled.
- May replace fresh samosa with dry samosa.
- You may skip potato topping if you use fresh samosa.
- Dry the green chilly nicely in the sunlight and then crush to powder to prepare green chilly powder..