Drumstick Leaf Soup is a simple , healthy and easy Soup which is not known commonly by the people but this Drumstick leaves are considered as a store of nutrients by my Grandmother. I am revealing this traditional Drumstick leaf Soup recipe today that is regularly prepared in our house.
This Drumstick Leaf Soup is a one of the nutritious soup that can be served to the patients also since this leaves are made up of all essential antioxidants and amino acids needed for the body. It is said that Drumstick leaves are very useful to treat more than 300 diseases. No wonder it is called as the “ MIRACLE TREE “.
Drumstick Leaf is said to be good source of minerals like calcium, iron, copper, manganese, zinc, copper, selenium and magnesium. This leaves are consumed in different ways to cure different problems in many ways like juice, soup, smoothie and dried powder of this leaves. So please try this Nutritious Rich Drumstick Soup in this rainy season and reap the health benefits of this leaves.
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Total Time – 20 minutes
Makes – 2 servings
- 1 cup drumstick leaves
- 75 to 100 ml milk
- 250 to 300 ml water approximately
- 1tsp pepper powder or according to taste
- 1 tbsp jaggery powder
- Salt to taste
- Few sprigs of coriander leaves for garnish.
Wash the drumstick leaves nicely in clean water. Then strain out the water and allow the water to drain out properly.
Heat the milk and water in a vessel till one 1 boil.
Add the drumstick leaves to the boiling liquid and heat it nicely for 3 to 4minutes by constantly stirring.
Allow to cool down lightly and crush this liquid lightly using a hand blender.
Pass it through strainer and take out all the drumstick leaves .
Heat this soup again in a vessel and add pepper powder, salt and allow to boil nicely for a 1 to 2 minutes.
In the end add the jaggery and boil nicely on low flame till jaggery melts.
Switch off the stove and pour the Drumstick Leaf soup in serving bowls.
Garnish the Drumstick Leaf Soup with sprigs of coriander leaves and serve the piping hot Soup in this rainy season.
- The soup may become bitter if you over blend the drumstick leaves liquid, blend lightly that ‘s all.
- You may drizzle little lemon juice or vinegar while serving for a change in the taste.
- Boosts the energy levels in the body.
- Reduces arthritis pain if consumed on long run.
- Reduces cholesterol levels in the body.
- Wonder full for skin as they help in removing blackheads and pimples.
- Helps to keep the kidney healthy.
- Naturally detoxifies the blood.
- Stimulates cell structure.
- Good for diabetic patients.