Dal Vada Masala Rice is one of the quick and easy rice recipe using mainly left over Dal vada or freshly prepared masala vada , baby corn , rice and spices. This Dal Vada Masala Rice recipe can be prepared in this Pithru Paksha as it is no onion and no garlic rice which is perfectly suitable in this Pithru Paksha.
Each and every step to prepare this Dal vada Masala Rice is written below. So any one can easily prepare this Dal Vada Masala Rice . Try this Dal Vada Masala Rice recipe at home and share your experience with me. Share this Tasty and yummy Dal Vada Masala Rice recipe with your friends and relatives if you like this Dal vada Masala Rice.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Total time – 25 minutes
Serves – 3 to 4 people
- 1 1/4 cup rice
- 1 1/2 cup dal vada cut to medium size pieces
- 1/2 cup baby corn cut thin slices
- 1 1/2 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onion finely chopped (opt)
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 3 cloves
- 2 pieces of cinnamon sticks of 1/ 2 inch each piece
- 1 green cardamom
- 4 to 3 green chilly slit
- 3 to 4 tbsp fresh grated coconut
- 7 to 8 guntur red chilly
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp coriander leaves chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups of water.
Wash the rice in water nicely and soak for 1/2 hour and keep aside.
Dry roast cloves , cinnamon , cardamom , coriander seed and cumin seeds one after of the other.
In the same pan add red chilly and roast on the low flame till crispy.
Switch off the stove and allow the roasted masalas to cool down.
Then crush them to fine paste adding grated coconut and little water.
Heat oil in a pan , add green chilly slit and baby corn sliced and roast for two minutes.
Then put in the grinded paste and roast till nice aroma arises .
Put in chopped tomatoes and a give a nice mix.
Close the lid and cook for one to two minutes.
Strain out the water from the rice soaked andput on the roasted masala.
Stir the masala and rice nicely for a minute , add lemon juice in the end and pour the water.
Add Dal vada pieces on the rice and mix nicely.
When the water starts to boil along with rice, mix the Salt to it.
Transfer the rice to the cooker and close the lid and cook till 1 to 2 whistles.
Allow the cooker to cool down till pressure is realsed.
Then open the lid of the cooker and add spring onions chopped if you wish at this stage.
Serve the mouth watering and spicy Dal Vada Masala Rice with curds or raita.
- You may use left over dal vada for preparing this masala rice.
- It is completely optional to use the spring onions in this rice.
- Always cut the vada to medium size pieces so that all the masalas get merged in the vada also.
- Use the vada prepared using split Bengal gram.
Split Bengal Gram
- Very rich in iron and fiber.
- Contains potassium , zinc and folate in abundant quantity.
- Provides relief from stomach related problems.
- Helps to treat jaundice.
- Reduces cholesterol levels in the body.
- Controls glucose levels in the body.