Dahi Mutter Curry is one of those quick fix dishes which is very commonly prepared in Punjabi households, are usually well stocked with yoghurt. Dahi Mutter Sabzi is very easy to make and even beginners would find it easy, As it requires very common ingredients and that too with out much cutting and with out grinding process. You make your dinner or meal very tasty and delicious with this tasty tempered yoghurt along with fresh peas.
Dahi or yoghurt or curds is a most popular food item all over India .Yoghurt is one of the most popular fermented dairy products in the world made by adding live bacteria to the milk. Yoghurt or Dahi contains beneficial bacteria and function as a probiotic , providing a variety of health benefits above and beyond milk.
So here’s a recipe that contains taste with health. This Dahi Mutter recipe is simple yet different from usual curry. If you like my Dahi Mutter recipe please share with your friends and share your feed back in the comments section.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Total time 20 minutes
Serves – 3 to 4 persons
- 500 ml dahi or curds
- 1/2 cup fresh peas blanched or frozen peas
- ½ cup coriander leaves very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tbsp roasted coriander powder
- 1 medium tomato deseeded very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onion very finely chopped
- 3 to 4 green chilly slit
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 2 tsp garlic pods very finely chopped or coarsely muddled
- A pinch of asafetida
- Salt to taste
- 3 to 4 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
Take a medium size strainer and place a muslin cloth piece on the strainer and place the strainer on a container .
Pour dahi on the strainer and allow the dahi to rest for one hour so that all the water from the dahi gets filtered nicely in the container.
After one hour take out the thick curds from the strainer and transfer to a container.
Combine the thick yoghurt , coriander powder , cumin powder , salt and coriander leaves and mix nicely and keep aside.
Blanch the fresh peas in hot water for two to three minutes till they become soft and keep aside.
Heat oil in a non stick kadai and add the cumin seeds in the hot oil and allow them to splutter.
Then add in garlic and sauté nicely till golden brown , immediately add in onion and roast slightly.
Then put in tomato and sauté nicely till tomato becomes soft
Now add the peas blanched and give a nice mix.
Lastly add the turmeric powder and red chilly powder and give a quick mix once and immediately switch off the stove.
Allow the tempering to cool down for one to two minutes.
Then put in tempering on the curds paste prepared and mix nicely.
Do not put the tempering when it is hot on the curds , then the curds may curdle.
Serve the tasty and yummy Dahi Mutter with roti , phulka, naan, khulcha , akki rotti , ujju rotti.
- Do not reheat this Dahi Mutter as it will lose its original taste.
- You mix the tempering to the dahi only while serving for best results.
- You may just warm the Curry or double boiler the curry.
- Use fresh curds only.
- You may prepare the thick dahi on day before preparing the curry , in that case store the yoghurt in the fridge.
- Do not put curds on the tempering, put tempering on the curds and then mix nicely to get best results like hotel style curry.
- You may decrease the green chilly as per your taste.