Curry Leaves Open Butter Masala Dosa is a tasty and variety of Dosa recipe. Curry Leaves Dosa is one of the yummy and iron rich Dosa prepared in South India. I have served thid Curry Leaves Dosa in different way Called as Curry Leaves Open Butter Masala Dosa. This Curry Leaves Open Butter Masala Dosa comes so well with the flavor of Curry Leaves.
This Curry Leaves Open Butter Masala Dosa is like a boon for people on weight loss plan as curry leaves helps to burn unwanted fats and carbohydrates in the body. This Curry leaves Open Butter Masala Dosa is very good for Patients and weak people asit over comes anemia since Curry leaves are rich in iron.
Curry Leaves Open Masala Butter Masala Dosa tastes good when served straight from the pan. I have served this Curry Leaves Open Butter Masala Dosa by sprinkling most popular South Indian Cusine Chutney powder and topped with Masala Potato palya or sabji and butter. Serve this Curry Leaves Open Butter Masala Dosa along with green coconut chutney and enjoy the unique taste of curry leaves this rainy season.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Grinding time – 15 minutes
Total time – 20 minutes
Makes – 18 to 20 dosa
- 2 cups dosa rice or long body rice
- 1/4 cup toor dal or thogari bale
- 1/4 cup black gram or uddina bale
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 8 to 10 green chilly
- 3 to 4 cups curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp soda
- Oil for roasting dosa
- 1 cup chutney pudi
- 2 cups potato paiya
- 1 cup green coconut chutney
- 1/4 cup butter in room temperature
Wash Dosa rice, toor dal, fenugreek seeds and black gram nicely in water and soak it for 6 hour or over night.
After 6 hours put this rice on the strainer and strain out the water nicely.
Wash curry leaves and green chilly and then crush it to coarse paste with out water and keep aside.
Grind the strained dals and rice adding coarse crushed paste to fine batter.
Fill the batter in a air tight container and ferment the batter for twelve hours in winter or 5 to 6 hours in summer.
Next day open the lid of the container and give a nice mix adding salt and soda.
Heat the nonstick tawa slightly and pour a ladle full of batter and spread the batter on tawa quickly as you wish thin or semi thick dosa.
Drizzle oil all around nicely and roast the dosa on low or medium flame to get crispy dosa.
Allow the dosa to roast till crispy or soft.
I have prepared semi thick dosa here but you may prepare thin crispy dosa and serve it like plain dosa with only chutney.
Drizzle chutney pudi all over the top of the dosa.
Place a ladle full of palya on roasted dosa and top it with butter.
Serve mouth watering healthy Curry Leaves Open Butter masala Dosa with grren coconut chutney.
- This curry leaves Batter should be thicker slightly when compare regular rice dosa batter.
- You should drizzle oil all around the dosa to prepare crispy dosa nicely.
- You may store this batter in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- You may prepare onion uttapam using the left over batter.
- You should always roast only one side of the dosa to prepare crispy dosa.
- Curry leaves are rich in vitamin A, B and C and also rich in iron.
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Keeps diabetes under control.
- Prevents cancer.
- Good for hair care.
- Good to heal health.
- Reduces stress.
- Increases immunity and fight against infections.
- Good for eyes.
- Heals wound quickly.
- Helps to over come anemia.