Creamy Vegetable Slice is a healthy and nutritious Indian Slice or breakfast recipe . It is a perfect sandwich or snack recipe for lunch box. This is a quick snack recipe with curds , vegetables and coconut combined with spices along with cheese coriander chutney and boondi.
This slice recipe is suitable for all age groups as it is packed with super food proboitic yoghurt and vegetables. Even the kids love this slice as it appears attractive with colouful vegetables and cheese. The unique nutritional value of curds is beneficial in various ways. Since yoghurt is good source of protein and excellent source of calcium , very good for growing children. Try this tasty and yummy Creamy Vegetable Slice.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Assembling time – 10 minutes
Total time – 25 minutes
Makes – 12 slices
- 12 whole wheat bread slice
- 300 to 350 ml thick curds or yoghurt
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green capsicum finely chopped
- 6 mint leaves chopped
- 2 tsp fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup thick yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp chilly flakes
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Processed cheese grated
- Butter for applying
- Spicy boondhi
Cheese Coriander Chutney
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 green chilly
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp oil (flavor less oil )
- 1/2 tbsp cheese spread or cheese grated
- 1 tsp fried gram ( hurekadale )
Take a medium size strainer and place on a vessel , on which strainer properly sits.
Spread a muslin cloth on the strainer , pour the fresh curds on that cloth , close a lid on it and rest it for one to two hours.
After one hour you will see all the excess water from curds would have drained through strainer.
Then use this thick curds to prepare the topping.
Heat the ghee in a kadai , add in cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
Then add green chilly , carrot , bell peppers , capsicum and fresh coconut and stir fry on high flame for a minute or two minutes.
Lastly add all dry masalas , coriander leaves and mint leaves and give a nice mix once , switch off the stove.
Allow the vegetables to cool down completely , then add the thick curds and mix nicely.
Cut the corners of the bread slices and keep aside.
Crush coriander leaves , cheese ,green chilly , chaat masala , cumin powder , fried gram . ginger , oil , salt , sugar to paste , now the chutney is ready.
Apply butter nicely on the entire slice , then spread the chutney on the butter.
Then place the topping on the centre of the slice.
Then sprinkle khara boondhi and grate the cheese on it and just fold the slice carefully .
Sprinkle lots of cheese on the slice and serve.
Then serve yummy and tasty Creamy vegetable slice with ketchup.
- Quantity of green chilly depends on the individual taste.
- Use fresh curds.
- Mix thick curds trained with stir fried vegetables and prepare the topping while preparing the slice.
- Can use maida white bread instead of whole wheat bread.
- You can prepare thick curds one day before and can use next day to prepare the topping.
- Avoid using cucumber and onion for the topping , as it may leave water and make the slice soggy after some time.
- Can include cabbage , corn or deseeded tomato in this topping or filling.
Check out another slice recipe – Peanut Ice Cream Slice .