Chilli Peanut Noodles is a spicy Asian inspired quick and simple recipe, plus you will have all the ingredients in your kitchen. Chilli Peanut Noodles is so dam satisfying and so easy to make. Add a protein and a veggie or just have it as it is with peanut butter sauce.
Chilli Peanut Noodles is great recipe during this cold winter, served as a evening snack or dinner recipe to go when you just feel lazy or do not have much time This Chilli Peanut Noodles is very good for growing children as it is rich in proteins due to peanuts and that peanuts are good source of fiber and vitamin E which boosts the memory power in children
I hope you all will try this tasty and yummy kids recipe , Sooooo good !
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
Total time – 20 minutes
Serves – 2 persons
- 150 gms hakka noodles packet
- 1 tsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion very finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp flavorful chilli oil
- 1/4 cup sweet corn boiled
- 2 tbsp carrot cut to strips or a handful mushrooms cut to slices
- 2 tbsp capsicum cut to thin strips
- 1/4 cup tofu crumbled or paneer
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1 to 2 green chilly slit
- 1 to 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey (opt )
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp white sesame roasted
- 1/2 cup hot sesame oil
- 1 tsp chilli flaked coarsely crushed
- 2 tbsp pepper powder coarse
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds toasted
- 1 bay leaf
- Half star anise
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 small piece of ginger
Crush pepper corns in a pestle and mortar.
Coarsely crush the chilli flakes once in mixer.
Add all the ingredients dry into a glass jar and then pour half tsp sesame oil into the jar.
Heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium heat , placing the ginger piece in the oil.
When the ginger turns golden brown, remove it and turn the heat off.
Carefully pour hot oil into the jar and mix nicely.
Rest the chilli oil for two hours and your chilli oil is ready.
You may filter this chilli oil while using or you may use as it is just by taking out star anise and bay leaf.
Mix in quarter cup of hot water , peanut butter , soya sauce , pepper powder , honey , vinegar and tossed sesame oil nicely.
Stir nicely for one minute to get nice creamy consistency.
Bring a pot of water to boil for the noodles.
Then cook the noodles for lesser time to package instruction or till 80% only.
When the noodles are cooked , strain out the water and pour the normal water on the noodles to the stop the cooking process.
Put the noodles on the strainer and toss with a drizzle of sesame oil.
Use a paper towel to dry off the tofu , then crumble and set aside.
Heat up a non stick sauce pan on medium heat.
Add the chilli oil and then sauté garlic , ginger and spring onion for a minute on high flame.
Then add in capsicum , carrot and sweet corn and stir fry on high flame.
Now put in noodles cooked and tofu and give a nice mix once.
Then add the peanut sauce prepared on the the noodles and give a quick mix on high flame.
At this stage add 2 tbsp hot water if you feel dry and mix nicely.
Lastly add the roasted peanuts and mix nicely.
Garnish the mouth watering piping hot Chilli Peanut Noodles with green onions , peanuts , sesame seeds and an optional drizzle of chilli oil.
- You may use wheat noodles instead of maida noodles to make healthier version.
- You may store the Chilli oil in the fridge for six months.
- You may use any refined oil instead of sesame oil to prepare the chilli oil , in the that slightly flavor may differ.
- Use only tossed sesame seeds to sprinkle on the noodles.
- Do not over cook the noodles.