Chatpata Raw Banana Chaat is a first Chaat recipe or a snack dish from south India which I have created, inspired by Raw Banana Fry popularly prepared in South India. Chatpata Raw Banana Chaat is a unique and delicious Low calorie Chaat recipe which is a good source of fiber and filled with vitamin C and B6.
This Chatpata Raw Banana chaat is prepared with very less oil and topped with healthy Sour cream , meetha and spicy low calorie mayonnaise along with tangy tamarind paste with few Indian spices. I have shown this Healthy Chatpata Raw Banana Chaat in a very easy way. Since the Raw Banana is very good for health , you can do this Chatpata Raw Banana Chaat recipe once in 15 days and reap the benefits from Raw Banana. If you like this recipe please share this recipe with your friends and relatives.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Roasting time – 10 minutes
Assembling time – 5 minutes
Total time – 25 minutes
Makes – 3 servings
- 2 raw banana or unripen banana
- 3 tsp tamarind paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 to 2 tsp cumin and coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp red chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup rice flour for coating
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 tbsp sweet chutney or meetha
- 1 tsp red chilly paste
- 1/4 cup low calorie mayo
- 1 tsp chat masala powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Oil for roasting
Wash the raw banana with water and remove the peel of the banana using a peeler.
Then take a bowl of water and add 1 tsp of curds to the water and give a nice mix , curds has to be added to the water to avoid the appearance of dark colour on banana as soon as you cut.
Cut the banana to two pieces vertically and then cut to semi thin long slices and put in the water immediately.
Mix in tamarind paste with half cup of water nicely strain that water once and keep aside.
Then strain out water from the raw banana slices and put the slices in the tamarind water and give a nice mix once.
Now mix all the dry masala powder with little water along with salt and prepare a paste.
Put this paste on the raw banana slices soaked and stir once nicely.
Rest this slices for 30 minutes.
Take a plate put the rice flour ,red chilly powder and salt as per your taste and mix nicely.
After 30 minutes , heat the non stick pan or tawa with oil.
Take out a banana slice from masala water and roll on the rice flour mix so that slice gets nicely coated with rice flour.
Then arrange the slices on hit tawa and roast the slices till crispy and turns light brown in colour on medium flame.
Roast the other side of the slices also on low flame by turning.
By the time all the slices are roasted mix mayo with red chilly paste.
Then arrange the roasted banana slices on the serving plates.
Drizzle sour cream first on the slices and then in the same way drizzle sweet chutney and mayo red dip.
Then sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and chat masala powder.
Serve the healthy and tasty Chatpata Raw Banana Chaat immediately.
- We do not want very thin banana slices so do not use the slicer for cutting.
- You may use chipotle sauce instead of spicy mayo.
- You may replace mayo with sour cream.
- You may prepare sour cream using hung curds in the house itself.
- You may use fine chopped onions as a topping on the chaat it you wish.
Health meter :-
- Contains high amount of starch and fiber.
- Aids in digestion.
- Regulates the blood pressure levels in the body as raw banana is a rich source of potassium.
- Improves nutrient absorption in the body.
- Boosts your metabolism.
- Excellent source of vitamin c and B6.
- Good for heart.
- Helps to keep your kidney functioning properly.
- Good for tummy problems.
- Good for diabetes.
- Speed up the calorie burning levels in the body.