Bhindi Alu Sabzi is a simple and tasty sabzi commonly prepared in North India. Bhindi is called as Ladys Finger in English. Bendakaye , Vendhakaye in tamil and Bhinda in gujarathi.This Bhindi is a common vegetable used in many recipes as it is highly beneficial for the people on diet plan as the bhindi is a high fiber vegetable.
This Alu Bhindi sabzi is very easy to prepare and very good for the health. This Bhindi Alu Sabzi is filled with vitamin rich C and K and instant energy booster Alu, that is carbohydrate rich. Bhindi Alu Sabzi is a healthy sabzi prepared usiny typical masalas along with besan. This Bhindi is very good for the pregnant ladies as Bhindi is rich in folates , that helps in fetal development.
Do try this Bhindi Alu Sabzi at your house and reap the benefits of Bhindi.Check my food blog on every Saturdays for new recipes.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Total time – 30 minutes
Serves – 2 to 3 people
- 250 gms bhindi
- 250 gms potato (alu )
- 5 tbsp gram flour (besan )
- 1/2 tsp ajwain
- 1 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 to 2 tsp red chilly powder
- 2 green chilly slit
- ¼ tsp asfeotida
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp dry copra (opt )
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp to 3 tbsp oil
Dry roast the gram flour in a non stick kadai till it slightly changes its colour and allow to cool down.
Then add all the dry masalas to the besan and mix nicely and keep aside.
Wash the potato nicely with water and remove the peel of potato and cut into long cubes like finger chips.
Wash the bhindi nicely in the water and wipe the bhindi nicely with a dry cloth and removed the corners of the bhindi .
Then cut the bhindi into lengthwise pieces and again cut into horizontal pieces.
Par boil the alu pieces till alu becomes slightly soft.
Heat the oil in a wide nonstick pan and add the ajwain and asfeotida and allow to splutter.
Then add the bhindi pieces and roast nicely till all the moisture disappears becomes slightly crispy nearly 5 to8 minutes.
In a separate kadai roast the parboiled alu pieces till it turns light brown. Then put this pieces on the roasted bhindi and mix nicely.
Add the masala powder on the roasted vegetables and give a nice mix.
Roast the sabzi nicely adding the salt on it.
When the sabzi gets nicely coated with the masalas , switch off the stove.
Serve the Bhindi Alu sabzi with hot roti or chapathi.
- You may fry the bhindi and alu separately till light brown and use in the sabzi.
- You may add the dry copra in the end and give a nice mix before removing from the fire.
- you may roast the bhindi in micro oven with very less oil for more healthier optoin.
- High fiber vegetable known for its high soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Rich in vitamin C and K.
- Reduces the blood sugar levels in the bodyas it rich in fiber.
- Maintains cholesterol levels in the body helpful in healthy pregnancy.
- Helps to maintain good eyesite.
- Helps to treat kidney disease.
- Prevents the development of astama.
- Prevents constipation.
- Helps to prevent sun strokes.
- Controls obesity with regular usage of raw or cooked form of bhindi.
- Prevents colon cancer.