Avarekayye Akki Rawa Kadabu is a delicious and healthy breakfast or evening snack recipe or kadabu prepared in the malenadu region of Karnataka. This Avarekayye Akki Rawa Kadabu is very light dish with Avarekayye and so it is easily digestiable. This Averakaye Akki Rawa Kadabu is a popular dish prepared in rainy and winter seasons when the fresh Avarekayye and fresh peas is available.
Averakayye Akki Rawa Kadabu is a nutritious and healthy steamed kadabu that can be consumed even daily as it is healthy and it is prepared using very less oil . This Avarekayye Akki Rawa Kadabu is very easy to prepare by just following the method given below. This Avarekayye Akki Rawa Kadabu goes well as it by sprinkling ghee or it goes well with coconut chutney or chutney pudi.
Try this this mouth watering healthy and nutritious Avarekayye Akki Rawa Kabadu at your home and enjoy the the taste of malenadu special tasty kadabu. Please visit my blog for the new recipes every Saturday. I request you to see my tips section always before preparing the dish asit is very helpful.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Total time – 30 minutes
Makes – 40 kadabu approximately
- 1 cup idli rawa
- 1 cup rice cooked and mashed.
- 3/4 cup avarekayye or hyacinth beans cooked
- 1/2 cup coconut freshly grated.
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped.
- 1 to 1 ½ tsp ginger and green chilly oaste
- Salt to taste
Mash the the rice cooked nicely and keep aside.
Heat three cups of water in a thick bottom pan and add the rice mashed to it and mix nicely.
Heat the liquid till one boil and then add ginger and green chilly paste , grated coconut, boiled Averakayye and idli rawa and give a nice mix using a long spatula.
When the mixture becomes thick , switch off the stove and close the lid and rest it for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes mix nicely once and add finely chopped coriander leaves and knead the dough nicely and make lemon size balls out of it.
Then shape that balls like rolls or ovals and arrange on a greased plate.
Heat the idli cooker with sufficient water and place the kadabu plate and close the lid.
Steam the Averakayye Akki rawa Kadabu for 10 to 12 minutes closing the lid on medium flame.
Serve the mouth watering hot and healthy Averakayye Rice Rawa Kadabu with coconut chutney or south indian cuisine chutney powder.
- You may replace Averakayye with peas according to the season.
- You may serve as a snack or else you carry it while going on a long journeys or while going on picnic.
- Lightly roast the rawa in a dry pan before preparing kadabu for nice binding purpose.
- Tastes yummy even after it comes to room temperature.
- You may use left over rice to prepare kadabu.
Averakayye or broad beans or hyacinth beans
- Good source of proteins and vitamins
- Good for curing heart diseases.
- Strengthens the bones.
- Good source of folic acid.
- Boosts the immunity system.
- Rish in antioxidants.
- Helps to cure stomach disorders.
- Helps to cure osteoporosis.