Achari Tomato thepla are essentially flavoured rotis made with whole wheat flour, adding fresh tomato paste along with mango pickle and few basic vegetables very commonly available in the home. This Achari Tomato Thepla are used for regular meals , travelling and for picnics , eaten with curds and pickle or honey.
Achari Tomato Thepla can be enjoyed hot or otherwise. They are best when eaten fresh off the tawa or pan, but they can be stored upto four days in a air tight box or even during travel. We have this Achari Tomato Theplas packed along with us ,so we can home food rather to eat outside and it is off course very healthy for all the age groups.
Learn this tasty,healthy and unique Achari Tomato Thepla recipe this week , that can be prepared easily.enjoy the tangy taste of tomato and mango pickle in this Thepla.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Total time – 30 minutes
Makes – 12 theplas
- 5 medium size tomato chopped
- 3 tbsp mango pickle pieces
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 5 garlic pods
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- Oil for roasting the theplas
- Green chilly very finely chopped (opt )
Firstly crush garlic , ginger , cumin seeds , pickles and salt to coarse paste .
Then add in add in tomato pieces and crush coarsely using pulse mode in the mixer.
Transfer this paste to the wide container and add in finely chopped coriander and green chilly finely chopped if you want too much of spice in the theplas.
Now combine the flour gradually to the paste and go on mixing siamultaneously.
Add in flour as much necessary to prepare semi soft dough.
Knead the dough nicely using a little oil . cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll out each portion into semi thick roti using whole wheat flour for rolling.
Heat a non stick tava and roast each circle using oil , till black spots appear on both sides.
Serve hot Achari Tomato Thepla with curs and onion rind topped with a dash of butter on hot thepla.
- You may use desi tomato instead of hybrid tomato.
- You may add add 1 to 2 tsp of lemon juice if you want higher amount of sourness in the thepla, while mixing the flour.
- Use only mango pickle.
- You may store this dough in the fridge for two to three days.
- Do not add the water while mixing the dough to get the fine taste of tomato in the thepla.