Achari Aam Alu Fingers is a tangy and spicy evening Chaat or snack made with crunchy finger like fryums filled with achari alu masala and finished off with sev. Actually this Alu Fingers Chaat is one of the yummy and delicious Chaat most commonly found on the streets of Mumbai Once when I went to Mumbai , I had tasted this Chaat . So I thought to share this with you people but by adding some more flavours to it adding raw mango, which still more spicy and tangy.
This Chaat is called by different names in Mumbai like Nadde Chaat , Fryums Chaat and Nadde Kabab . This Achari Aam Alu Fingers is so yummy that it is just loved by all age group people along with children. Do try this tasty Achari Aam Alu Fingers in your house during this lock down as it very easily and quickly prepared Chaat Recipe with very common ingredients that easily available in each and every house.
If you lke this Achari Aam Alu Fingers you share with your friends and relatives and share your comments with me. Visit My Food Blog on every Saturdays for such kind of unique and mouth watering recipes with out fail.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Assembling time – 10 minutes
Total time – 25 minutes
Makes – 14 to 15 numbers
- 15 to20 finger shape fryums
- 1 1/2 cups alu cooked and grated
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raw mango finely chopped
- 2 tsp coriander leaves finely chopped ( 1 tbsp + 1tbsp )
- 2 tbsp masala from home made mango pickle left over
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 to 1/2tspred chilly powder
- 1 tsp chat masala powder
- 1tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 cup small sev
- Salt to taste by checking
Cook the cooker in cooker adding sufficient water and little salt till 3 whistles.
Allow the cooker to cool down and then take out the peel and grate the alu using a grater and keep aside.
Heat oil in a small nonstick pan and stir fry the onion , tomato and raw mango or aam on high flame for a minute or so. Then add the masala from the mango pickle and give a nice mix once and switch off the stove.
Put this prepared mix on the grated alu and also add in cumin powder , red chilly powder and chat masala powder and give a nice mix using a spatula lightly , do not over mix like a paste.
Then taste this alu mixture and then only add the coriander leaves only if necessary.
Add in chopped coriander leaves and give a slight mix.
Now heat the oil in a kadai and fry the finger shape fryums till crispy.
Allow to cool down and fill in the alu mixture prepared inside the fryums and place on the serving plate.
Sprinkle the finely chopped coriander leaves and chat masala powder .
Then coat the corners of the stuffed fingers with sev and serve the yummy and mouth watering Achari Aam Alu Fingers.
- Avoid over cooking of potato.
- You may use any other pickle masala other than mango pickle , but the taste may vary slightly.
- You may use ready made pickle instead of home made pickle.
- Serve the fingers as soon as you prepare the chaat otherwise they become soggy.
Pickles are excellent health foods loaded with nutrients , that are excellent food source to the good bacteria that live in our stomach known as probiotic food.
- Excellent source of anti oxidants .
- Improves digestion.
- Controls diabetes.
- Promotes liver health and stomach health.
- Effective remedy for morning sickness.
- Relives stress.
- Prevents constipation.
- Boosts immunity as pickles are high in vitamin C and calcium.
- Relives muscle cramps.
- Low in calories.
- Good source of probiotic food.